The Brompton Electric is designed to change cities; it has smart features, a sleek design and is simple to use. The bike has 4 modes, ranging from no assistance (the bike rides smoothly without the battery) through to a high level of assistance, perfect if you want to arrive fresh to a meeting or are climbing a large hill. The key features and full specification details are in the table below, which lays out all the technical information about the bike.
- Custom-developed 250W front hub motor giving an extremely high performance-to-weight output.
- Bike still folds to the same size as a non-electric Brompton.
- To aid portability, the battery can be carried separately, integrating neatly into a shoulder bag.
- Battery features intuitive user interface and USB charging port for mobile devices
- All Brompton Electric bikes come with the standard battery bag (1.5L), however, there is an additional option to buy a commuter bag (20L), which can store your larger items, e.g. a laptop
- Smooth ride thanks to the smart, integrated torque and cadence sensor
|Wheel size||16″ (349mm)|
|Folded dimensions||585mm high x 565mm long x 270mm wide (23″ x 22.2″ x 10.6″).|
|Handlebar type||M type (1015mm)|
|Rear frame||L type (mudguard)|
|Colours||Gloss black or Gloss white|
|Gears||2-speed or 6-speed|
|Weight bike without battery||
|Weight battery + small bag||2.9kg|
|Lights||20 Lux Busch & Müller LYT|
|Max. load||107kg (incl. luggage)|
|Brakes||Dual pivot brakes|
|Small bag (included)||1.5 litres|
|Large bag (optional accessory)||20 litres – additional £130|
|Standard charger (included)||2A charger (80% charge in 3-3.5 hours, 100% in 4-5 hours)|
|Fast charger (optional accessory)||4A charger (80% charge in 1.5-2 hours, 100% in 2.5-3 hours) – additional £115|
|Range||25-50 miles / 40-80km (dependent on rider and environmental factors)|
|USB port to charge portable devices||5V 1.5A|
|Integrated HMI||LED display|
|Assistance modes||4 (0-1-2-3)|
|Sensors||Contactless bottom bracket torque and cadence sensor|
|Type||Brushless DC front motor|
|Nominal output power||250W|
|Cut off speed||15.5mph / 25kmh|
|Freewheel||Very low resistance when riding without assistance|
|Warranty on electrical parts||2 years|
Battery: UN38.3, EN62133