PETALUMA, CA (PRWEB) AUGUST 30, 2017 – CamelBak® went straight to the experts when designing the world’s first bike-specific vest. Athletes from the CamelBak team roster tested the vest concept using CamelBak run vests during endurance mountain bike races and gravel events. The concept proved effective when the athletes refused to give them back – some even preferred to use these vests for certain activities over existing mountain bike packs. These results highlighted a sweet spot between what the riders loved about the vests they were testing, designed for runners, and what was inherently essential for cycling and the grueling abuse that comes with unpaved roads.
Given this endorsement of the vest from the pros, CamelBak set out to create a vest that had the apparel fit of a run vest, yet was designed to fit unique needs of a rider. Resounding feedback requested the vest to sit above the jersey pockets often found on cycling kits during XC and gravel races. The resulting innovation, the Chase Bike Vest, does just this, providing riders the capability of carrying 1.5L of hydration in the Crux reservoir in addition to whatever bottles they stashed in jersey pockets and mounted to their bike frame. This also allowed additional storage for tools and repair equipment that would traditionally take up valuable space in jersey pockets. By storing these tools and mechanical parts in the vest, the rider could now pack their jersey pockets with food/fuel leaving them extremely accessible for frequent access. CamelBak designed the front pocket on the right-side to be dual purpose. A zipper makes it a secure pocket for valuables, but there is also a bungee option allowing the pocket to be left unzipped to carry an additional Quick Stow flask if the rider needs more hydration. This brings the total hydration capacity up to 2L on top of what they can manage on their bikes.
CamelBak Chase Bike Vest: MSRP $100 USD, Available January 2018
Dimensions + Specifications:
- 17L Cargo + 3L Crux Reservoir & 7L Cargo + 3L Crux Reservoir
- Full Back Protection with CE Level 2
- Torso Sizes: S/M (38-48 cm, 15-19 in.) & M/L (43-53 cm, 17-21 in.)
- Pack Only Weight: 1.5 kg, 3 lbs. 4 oz. & 1.48 kg, 3 lbs. 4 oz.
- Waist Fit Range: 71-116 cm, 28-46 in
- Fabric: 420D Nylon Oxford Plain Weave, 210D HD Nylon Oxford Plain Weave
- Front harness pockets conveniently located for quick access to essentials
- 3-D vent mesh offers multi-directional air flow and cushioning to maximize comfort and breathability
- Adjustable dual sternum straps increase stability and offers a range of adjustments for customization
- 1.5 Liter Crux™ Reservoir provides 20% faster flow rate powers longer adventures
- Quick Stow™ compatible front pocket allows for an additional 500ml of hydration
CamelBak is a brand of Vista Outdoor Inc., an outdoor sports and recreation company. For more information on CamelBak go to http://www.camelbak.com.