HAIFA, ISRAEL — Oct. 25, 2017 — Everysight announces price point, feature set and launch details for their Raptor AR Smartglasses (Raptor), the first consumer-focused augmented reality smartglasses for cyclists, triathletes, and early adopters. Raptor smartglasses enhance performance using augmented reality to provide riders with the real-time information they need to become faster, fitter, and more efficient. Raptor will come in three colors (all black, black with green trim, and white with blue trim) and have a MSRP of $649/€749 for the 16GB and $699/€809 for the 32GB versions. Additionally, Everysight will offer accessories such as a handlebar control system, RX frames, and tinted visors.
INVITATION, PRE-ORDER AND SHIPPING DETAILS
Beginning today, consumers can register for a special pre-order invitation at https://everysight.com/. Invitation quantities are limited. Distribution of US invites will begin November 15th and recipients can immediately pre-order their Raptor at the early adopter price of $499/€579 for the 16GB and $549/€639 for the 32GB. Shipments will begin in February 2018.
Due to regulatory approval processes, registrants in the UK and EU will receive invitations in January 2018, and will be able to pre-order Raptors at the early adopter price, with shipments beginning in April 2018. For more information on the invitation and pre-order process, visit Everysight.
Raptor AR Smartglasses enhance a rider’s experience and performance by:
- Displaying What Matters in Real Time — Patented BEAM™ Technology and ANT+/BT connectivity mean that Raptor overlays sharp, high-resolution, yet semi-transparent, information such as heart rate, cadence, speed, power, distance and more, out in front of riders at all times.
- Raptor is powered by the Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 410E embedded platform and Qualcomm Technologies’ Wi-Fi/Bluetooth chip.
- Delivering Navigation — Built-in GPS/GLONASS and the Raptor navigation display mean riders will never miss a turn while moving.
- Maximizing Safety — It is safer to view a semi-transparent display of the data projected in the visor than to look down, away from the road, at a cycling computer while in the paceline, on a technical riding section, or while riding to work through traffic.
- Staying Connected — Bluetooth connectivity allows Raptor to deliver phone notifications while on the go, so riders will never miss an important message or have to search for their phone in their back pocket while riding.
- Sharing Moments — A built-in look-and-shoot HD camera with voice and data overlay enable riders to capture the essence of their cycling experience, whether that’s on a training ride, a joy ride, or a race. All images and videos can be shared with friends, followers, or coaches through any social media channel post ride.
- Ride Time — Everysight’s BEAM™ Technology minimizes power consumption allowing riders to enjoy up to 8 hours without having to recharge.
- Easy Function Control — Rides can use voice commands or simply swipe and tap the touch pad located on the right temple of the Raptor to alter their view, control maps, volume, brightness, data screens and more.
- Companion App — All captured information (heart rate, cadence, speed, power, etc.) uploads to Raptor’s companion app (Android and iOS), and can be shared through social media channels or synced to popular third-party fitness and cycling apps.
Raptor will also come with a selection of accessories.
- Handlebar Control System: A handlebar controller ($59 USD) will allow riders to control all Raptor functions with their thumb or finger.
- RX Frames: Riders with prescription lenses will have the option to purchase RX frames for $29 USD (prescriptions must be filled by optometrist).
- Tinted Visors: Everysight will offer dark and light-tinted visors for different riding conditions ($79 USD).
“Our legacy in AR Systems goes way back as being spun of out of Elbit Systems, the worldwide defense company leader in Helmet Mounted Systems for Fighter Jet and Rotary Wing pilots. We have been working on consumer specific AR technology for more than 15 years and long before Google, Apple, and Facebook, we saw and invested in AR’s transformative potential to alter the way we receive and ingest real-time data and information from the world around us. Today, we are excited to bring Raptor to market and cannot wait to show off our upcoming product line-up for 2018 and beyond,” said Asaf Ashkenazi, CEO, Everysight.