Garmin Malaysia – Aeco Technologies has announced Fenix 3 HR, the latest multisport watch that includes Garmin Elevate wrist-based heart rate technology. The watch comes with 1.2-inch sunlight-readable Garmin Chroma Display™ and high-strength domed sapphire lens.
A protective PVD-stainless steel bezel and buttons, treated silicone band and reinforced housing for extra durability, also sunlight-visible, high-resolution colour Chroma display with LED backlight let user access their data in any light.
Freedom to measure heart rate 24/7 at the wrist
Now featuring Garmin Elevate wrist-based heart rate technology, Fenix 3 HR user now has the freedom to measure heart rate 24/7 at the wrist. Give user the option to track heart rate data without wearing a chest strap.
In addition to counting steps and monitoring sleep, Fenix 3 HR uses heart rate to provide accurate calories burned information and quantify the intensity of your fitness activities. Fenix 3 HR user can get credit for their workouts and extra effort with the Intensity Minutes.
Fenix 3 HR watch isn’t just for running; special feature sets help swim training, skiing, golfing and paddle sports, including stand up paddle boarding and rowing.
Waterproof and long battery power
Fenix 3 HR is water-rated to 100 meters and depending on settings, it can get up to 40 hours in UltraTracTM battery saver mode, 16 hours in GPS mode and up to 2 weeks in smartwatch mode.
Fenix 3 HR watch is packed with additional training features to tell user about their form and fitness. The VO2 max estimator crunches data, including user running speed, beats per minute and heart rate variability to estimate the maximum volume of oxygen user can consume per minute.
Track changes to see the fitness gains and to compare with their peers. Other fitness metrics include recovery advisor with a recovery timer and recovery check, plus a race predictor, which estimate user ideal finish time based on their current VO2 max number.
The new metrics include:
- Stride Length: Measures the length of a runner’s stride in real time.
- Ground Contact Time Balance: Measures a runner’s ground contact symmetry, which
- some runners have found to correlate with injuries or strength imbalances.
- Vertical Ratio: The cost-benefit ratio of vertical oscillation to stride length, serving as one indicator of a runner’s efficiency.
- Lactate Threshold: Estimates the level of effort at which fatigue rapidly increases in terms of a runner’s heart rate and pace.
- Stress Score: Measures heart rate variability to make an assessment of a user’s overall level of stress.
- Performance Condition: Provides a real-time fitness-level measurement relative to a runner’s average baseline, which indicates performance readiness for the day’s workout or race.
Borrowing from the Garmin SwimTM device, Fenix 3 HR watch track user distance, pace, stroke count and more. Ski/Board mode puts speed, distance, vertical drop and an automatic run counter (with Auto Pause for the lift line) and more at user fingertips. User also can even use their Fenix 3 HR as a glove-friendly remote, via ANT+® wireless connectivity, for VIRB® action cameras.
The Fenix 3 HR will have a suggested retail price of RM2,650.00 (GST Inclusive).