In a historical moment for Malaysia, Harrif Saleh pushed his pedal to the metal to eke a win in the bunch sprint on stage 5 of the Petronas Le Tour de Langkawi 2020.
Rolling into the capital city of Perak, the Terengganu Cycling Team rider recorded his second stage win after securing one in last year’s tour. Hot favourite German Max Walscheid from NTT Pro Cycling and Bardiani CSF Faizane’s Matteo Pelucchi was beaten on the line to complete the podium.
Leading in the overall standings, Malaysian team – Sapura Cycling’s Danilo Celano remained in charge of the PETRONAS yellow jersey, while compatriot Muhamad Nur Aiman retains the Best Climber’s (KOM) red jersey. The sixth stage today will depart from Taiping to Penang over a distance of 150.9km.
Honour List as of Stage 5
- OVERALL LEADER (YELLOW JERSEY): CELANO Danilo of TSC
- SPRINT LEADER (GREEN JERSEY): WALSCHEID Maximilian Richard of NTT
- KOM LEADER (RED JERSEY): MOHD ZARIFF Muhamad Nur Aiman of TSC
- BEST ASIAN RIDER (WHITE JERSEY): FEDOROV Yevgeniy of VAM
Stage 5: Kuala Kubu Baru – Ipoh
- SALEH Mohd Harrif of TSG
- WALSCHEID Maximilian Richard of NTT
- PELUCCHI Matteo of BCF