Team Scurra is starting a crowdfunding campaign with their all-new and improved SCURRA 2. They have worked hard for three years to improve the invention and the time to reveal its final version.
Made in Europe, the Scurra :2 is an unique enduro bike with the revolutionary TRELEVER® suspension system.
What makes the Scurra :2 unique?
- Innovative TRELEVER® front suspension system without telescopic fork
- Allows 7+ inch front suspension travel on a 29er wheel
- Enhanced front wheel control by triple linked wheel carrier
- Extreme stability with virtually no breaka way force
- Trial-style agility combined with freeride toughness
- Patented in USA, Japan, China and Europe
- Designed, engineered and manufactured in Europe
Why is Trelever® better than classic suspension?
Because Scurra:2 provides:
- minimum response lag of the suspension,
- low unsuspended mass,
- low moment of inertia around the steering axle,
- high rigidity of the suspension,
- kinematically adjustable brake pitch reconciliation (anti-dive effect),
- low structural load of the frame,
- substantial suspension travel with 29-inch wheels,
- easily adjustable progressive-kinematic manipulation of the shock strut,
- only minimal alterations of wake and steering angles during suspension travel (when doing deflection bounces).
The best argument is a comparison with old rear suspensions of motorcycles.
If you look into history, rear suspension was also designed with telescopic forks – plungers (just like front suspension nowadays), but as the technology progressed, forks were replaced with more effective ideas – the first: simple swingarm. At the end of the 1950s, the rear wheel swingarm, known since the 1910s, replaced the construction of the straight-travel spring suspension. And finally the last development by mountain bikes – 2 systems based on parallelogramme technology: 4-link suspension and VPP (virtual pivot point).