An eternal geek, Stowaway’s founder Sinéad Geraghty has always been fascinated with how things work and understanding their inner workings. As a child she had a strange hobby of taking apart watches just to better understand them and how to rebuild them. Sometimes with success, sometimes not so much but luckily she could hand the pieces over to her Grandad who’d show her what she couldn’t see.
Sinéad came up with The Stowaway after her house started to resemble a bike shop. With 3 bikes and not a lot of living space, maneuvering around and tripping over the bikes was happening far too frequent. That got her thinking that there had to be a better way of storing bikes in the home without taking up valuable living space. And that’s where The Stowaway concept grew from.
With a 76% increase in bicycle thefts in the last 5 years and 66% happening at residences, there is need for a clever, safe, bike storage solution. And this is why we created The Stowaway. It’s a simple, safe and secure solution to storing your bike within your home. The Stowaway stores your bike flat to your ceiling, decluttering your room and maximizing unused space.
The Stowaway allows you to store your bike in your house without taking up your living space. It stores your bike flat to your ceiling, de-cluttering your room and maximizing unused space. The Stowaway is a simple, safe and secure solution to storing your bike within your home.
Stowaway is simple – It unfolds right out of the box, so all you have to do is position and fit it to where you want it on the wall and it’s ready to use
- Adjustable – Frame can be adjusted to fit any height bike and narrow hallways
- Simple and safe to use – Place the clips of the first pulley strap around the saddle and handlebars and then lift so the pedals are at arm height. Then attach the second pulley strap around the wheels. This stabilizes the wheels so they remain fixed as you lift and release
- Dual color straps – know which strap you are controlling at a glance
- Counterweight pulley system – you only lift half the weight of your bike
- Integrated braking system
- Stowaway is strong, safe and secure