Yes, as we’ve mentioned the last round – This event is not to be missed! Albeit informed last minute, our Producer, Alan Tan got to Malacca in time to attend the launching. So, here’s what we’ve got to tell you before anybody else do! =)
Date: 1st October 2011 (Sat)
Venue: Universiti Teknikal Malaysia (UTeM), Melaka
Expected Participants: 1,800 pax
Fact #1: Mahkota Medical Centre is one of the main sponsors of the event, and will be providing medical aid and ambulance support during the night ride.
Fact #2: UTeM will be supporting by providing facilities for the starting and ending points.
- To provide a night ride experience for cyclists
- To promote and raise awareness for cycling among Malaysians
- To enable casual riding and experience mountain bike activities in Malacca.
- To promote cycling in boost of sports tourism in Malacca.
- To enhance team building spirit amongst mountain bikers as they depend on each other in overcoming some obstacles hile riding in the dark
This club was officially launched by the Chief Minister of Malacca – YAB Datuk Seri Hj. Mohd. Ali Bin Mohd. Rustam on 18th July 2008. We reckon that ECC Malacca is possibly the most active cycling club from Southern Peninsular, who has participated in numerous mountain biking events around Malaysia, and also organized a few very impressive ones. The most notable events are the Burung Hantu series, certainly!