François Pervis will start the race. Holder of 7 world titles and Olympic medallist, the captain of the Team S1neo-Okust will race in a 6-rider team, including Ewen Fernandez also multiple World Champion but in roller skate.
Other personalities will be present such as hammer throwing champion Manuela Montebrun, multi-medal Para-Cycling athlete Marie-Amélie Le Fur, or even the skier and pilot Luc Alphand.
For non-competitors and families, do not miss “La Matinale Le Maine Libre”. More than 1500 people are expected to discover the Bugatti circuit during this one hour ride. This cyclo-tourist gathering is open to everyone with every kind of bikes. The access is free for accompanied children under 10.
Spectators will have free access to the venue and exhibitions proposed in the Village. Dedicated areas will be set up for them on each side of the Dunlop, the perfect place to enjoy the race. All the ingredients are gathered to have a great day with the family.
2017 Pearl Izumi 24 Hours Cycling of Le Mans:
– Teams by categories: 100 solos (2 Women), 50 Duos (9 Mixes), 114 teams of 4 riders, 189 of 6 (24 Mixes and 4 Women) and 47 teams of 8 (15 Mixes).
– 40 foreign teams (135 riders): Germany, Armenia, Australia, Belgium, Cyprus, Denmark, Spain, United States of America, Luxemburg, New Zealand, Netherlands, United Kingdom, Russia and Switzerland.
– Bugatti Circuit: 4185 meters – Uphill: 600 meters from 3, 5 % to 7 % – Downhill: 1000 meters at 2 %
– La Matinale Le Maine Libre (morning event): 1 hour ride on the circuit from 12 to 1pm on Saturday – Registration on site: 10 €
– Visitors: Access to the circuit by the main entry « circuit des 24 Heures » – Free entry and parking at disposal
– Information: www.24heuresvelo.fr