The inaugural Tour of Peninsular (ToP) received a positive boost as the Terengganu State Government was announced as one of the major sponsors.
Motoshoot Event Sdn. Bhd is the organiser of ToP touted as the first-ever UCI 2.1 race in Malaysia, to be held from October 15-19. The race will feature five stages with the first and second stages being held along the beaches of Terengganu which is synonymous with Malaysian cycling.
The Terengganu Inc. continental team – better known as TSG – are currently the top ranked team in the UCI Asia Tour. The state has also produced some of the biggest names in Malaysian cycling such as track stars Azizulhasni Awang, Fatehah Mustapa, road sprinters Anuar Manan and Harrif Saleh, all-rounder Adiq Husainie Othman and many others.
Local fans in Terengganu will get the chance to watch their favourite riders in action during ToP. Viewers on live streaming will also have the chance to see the all-new majestic Terengganu Drawbridge which will be part of the race route.
ToP is Malaysia’s first-ever UCI 2.1 race which places it a cut above tours such as Jelajah Malaysia and Tour of Johor, which are both rated as UCI 2.2 races, and just a step under the iconic Tour de Langkawi, which is a UCI 2.HC event.
TOUR OF PENINSULAR 2019 ROUTE
- STAGE 1 : Tuesday, 15 Oct 2019 : Dungun – Kuala Terengganu (196.0 km)
- STAGE 2 : Wednesday, 16 Oct 2019 : Kuala Terengganu – Kota Bharu (197.8 km)
- STAGE 3 : Thursday, 17 Oct 2019 : Pasir Mas – Gerik (200.0 km)
- STAGE 4 : Friday, 18 Oct 2019 : Ipoh – Cameron Highlands (110.5 km)
- STAGE 5 : Saturday, 19 Oct 2019 : Tapah – Setiawangsa (146.4 km)